Looking for a Home SPA concept, promoting the cultural relevance of an international brand
The Architecture Department [ARC] of the University of Nicosia (UNIC) has been selected by GROHE, the world-leading German manufacturer in sanitary fittings, to collaborate within the framework of the GROHE Design Series. The series was introduced by GROHE Middle East, Africa and East Mediterranean in 2012, to reward creative design by university students in the disciplines of Interior Design, Architecture and Multimedia/Graphic Design.
UNIC thus becomes the first European university to participate in GROHE’s prestigious Design programme. The collaborative student competition to arrive at the winning entry engages with the Home SPA Concept, focusing on the design of a home spa with local cultural relevance. A first brainstorming workshop took place on campus early February, with the final results and the selection of winners expected to be presented in June 2018.
The organization is being handled by a team of UNIC faculty and GROHE representatives, as follows:
• Lina Varytimidou, Director PR & Communications- Head of GROHE SPA, Middle East, Africa and East Med.
• Monica Angeli, Country Manager Cyprus
• Alessandra Swiny, Head of Department, Department of Architecture, University of Nicosia
• Pachalis Paschali, Head of Department, Department of Design and Multimedia, University of Nicosia
• Eleonore Zippelius, Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, Architecture Programme, University of Nicosia
• Kika Ioannou, Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, Interior Design Programme, University of Nicosia
• Maria Stavride, Lecturer, Department of Design and Multimedia, University of Nicosia